• to get the likes of Alice Cooper, Ringo Starr, Bruce Willis, Elle MacPherson and Dame Edna Everage starring in your ad
• to match up all those film shoots
• to splice new footage seamlessly in with old footage
• to buy all those primetime ad spots
• to change the logo on all printed stationery, online communications, vehicle livery and signage
…just to change a name from Norwich Union to Aviva.
The new name sounds, to me, like those crazy words used by Vic and Bob in Shooting Stars.
And the line: ‘Sometimes a change of name is not just a change of name. It’s a chance to show the world who you’ve always wanted to be’ just doesn’t ring true.
More about the name change (and a sample ad) on the Guardian website.
Hey ho, they are the largest insurance group in the UK, so I’m sure they can afford it.