An IFA asked his clients what they thought of his company’s service, and what would make them rate it 5/5. Here’s what they said:
- “A ‘little’ bit more contact”
- “Having more active engagement on a proactive basis”
- “If an opportunity came along in between our 6-monthly reviews… proactively bring that to our attention”
A contact recommended him to me, to help write regular blog posts that can be compiled into a monthly newsletter.
Let’s face it, most financial advice is delivered in a dry, dull and boring style. So we agreed that each post would start with a real-life story, to act as a ‘hook’ and draw readers in. What’s more, instead of graphs, charts and clip-art cartoons, each post would include an intriguing photo to add visual interest and differentiation. Of course the bulk of each article would be topical, useful and interesting news or advice that is relevant to his audience, so demonstrating his expertise.
Now, his clients are commenting:
- “I read the insights you shared and thoroughly enjoyed the way they are written.”
- “I found [your insights] both interesting and entertaining, unlike some of the dull and long-winded fare that gets distributed most of the time”
- “I look forward to future editions… Keep them coming.”
Would you agree? Read the blog.