Remember, it’s social media. By taking a social approach, I have won work direct from Twitter. Perhaps surprisingly, I was recently invited to review and rewrite a website in response to a link I tweeted to an Innocent Drinks’ game for kids!
As well as following various business contacts, I also follow a few genuine celebrities who tweet interesting stuff (you can tell whether they’re verified accounts if there is a tick in a blue circle by their name).
Of course I follow @stephenfry. Doesn’t everybody? Sample tweets:
- Everyone sells their ass here in Cape Town. The no. of times you hear “buy a donkey” That’ll only make sense to Afrikaans speakers, I fear
- @Marina_203 We’ll have to face the fact that it can’t have been me. I believe i’ve never had a “Chicken McNuggett” and fear I never will.
- The nice people @iglooanimations have animated a conversation I had somewhere with someone: dashed if I remember it!
And I follow some spoof accounts that make me smile. Here are some of their typical tweets:
- Final preparations for Zara’s wedding tomorrow. If Mr Tindall hasn’t had his nose done, the whole thing is off. One can assure you.
- One is delighted that you’ve made such an enormous profit, British Gas. No doubt you’ll be immediately cutting fuel bills?
- Ok people, Gin O’Clock. It’s all downhill to the weekend from here. #ginoclock
- Yes, “Diagon Alley” is a play on the word “Diagonally.” No, you’re not clever for figuring that one out.
- The Greatest Harry Potter Moments all involve Severus Snape. If you disagree, you are wrong.
- #ThingsWeLearnedOnTwitter: Muggle schools don’t do a good enough job of teaching the difference between “your” and “you’re.”
What are your favourite spoof accounts?
jackiebarrie · March 18, 2012 at 8:34 am
I’ve just discovered @WeirdHorse – another account that makes me smile so you might like to follow it too.
It Patrick Day. I had a Guinness and my trots are slippery. Farmer concerned. Me? I merry and horsey
A tramp is in the field. I just manured next to it. Poor tramp
Go on cow go. Trot out the barn. Just turn around cow, cause you’re not welcome on the farm
James Coakes · March 20, 2012 at 3:53 pm
I enjoy @managerspeak. I have seen a few spoof accounts open up and be almost immediately suspended so I wonder what the line is that mustn’t be crossed?
jackiebarrie · March 21, 2012 at 8:51 am
Great tip, James, thank you. I’ll follow that account and #ff them on Friday.
I don’t know what the line is, but do know that an account is verified if it has a white tick in a blue circle on their profile.
Jackie · June 4, 2012 at 10:49 am
I’ve found another spoof account that’s worth a follow. @pliocenebloke
jackiebarrie · August 29, 2012 at 4:10 pm
On a topical note, I’ve been recommended to @50ShedsofGrey and @KimJongNumberUn and @EssexLion (didn’t take long for that account to garner lots of followers!)
Comments are closed.